CEOGaming posted an announcement of their annual fighting game convention “CEOtaku” returning this year after a three-year hiatus. The tournament will feature several anime fighting games, with JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R most importantly being one of the new entries in the lineup.
Time and Location
- Date: September 23-25, 2022
- Location: Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, 8001 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
CEOtaku 2022 Trailer
Firstly, CEOtaku’s logo mimics the logo of the franchise. This is the sixth CEOtaku so “Part 6” is displayed on the logo and the anime of JoJo is also currently adapting the sixth part of the manga. Furthermore, both CEOtaku and Stone Ocean, the sixth part of JoJo, take place in Orlando, Florida.
Aside from those similarities, the trailer displays a background based on the second opening of the anime, “BLOODY STREAM“. The voice actor, Sora the Troll, imitates Jotaro Kujo‘s Japanese voice actor. He begins the trailer stating “Good Grief…” (Yare Yare Daze) and ends with “ORA ORA ORA!”.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R launches on September 1 and September 2 (depending on platforms and regions) so players have about three weeks to practice and “attain heaven” after becoming the champion.
CEOtaku 2022 Game Lineup
- BlazBlue Central Fiction (PS4)
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (PS4)
- DNF: Duel (PS4)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4)
- GranBlue: Fantasy Versus (PS4)
- Guilty Gear Strive (PS4)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+R (PC)
- Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 (PS4)
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS4)
- Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (PC)
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina (PS4)
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS4)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore (PS4)
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
- WindJammers 2 (PS4)
Besides the fighting game tournaments, CEOtaku will feature an artist alley, vendors, side events, and more. Players, volunteers, artists, and commentators can register for the event here.
CEOtaku stands for “Community Effort Orlando” combined with the Japanese word “otaku”, which is used to describe people obsessed with Japanese culture, anime, manga, etc. Alex Jebailey organizes both the regular CEO events and CEOtaku.
Inspired by all the anime conventions in Florida, Jebailey launched CEOtaku in September 2015. Although it’s an annual event, it was cancelled in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Official Website: https://ceogaming.org/ceotaku/